Sanitary napkin manufacturing is a great way to start a business. It’s like any product used by more than one person at a time, but millions of women daily use sanitary napkins. The production of sanitary napkins is inexpensive and profitable. They can also be easily transported and stored in small spaces compared with other products.
Sanitary napkins are personal care products in high demand for hygiene and comfort. The menstrual cycle is a natural part of all women’s lives, but it doesn’t have to be embarrassing. A Sanitary napkin is an essential menstrual hygiene product for every menstruating woman. In addition, it plays a vital role in providing proper comfort for maintaining a healthy and safe body, mind, and environment in the lives of a woman.
Sanitary napkins production unit is one of the most important industries in today’s world. The demand for sanitary napkins has increased due to various factors such as:
- Increasing population growth rate and urbanization,
- Improvement in health care facilities,
- Rising levels of education among women and girls,
- Increased awareness about hygiene issues among women and girls etc.,
How to Start a Sanitary Napkin Business?
Entrepreneurial skills are required to set up a sanitary napkin production unit and run the unit efficiently with the proper marketing plan, finance, workforce, and product development skills. Before starting sanitary napkins, business one needs to determine the size of the production unit based on the investment capacity, local market demand, and product sales strategy. A small-scale manufacturing plant can produce about 20,000 pads per day, and 3-5 people can operate it. The machine-based manufacturing process is recommended for the mass production of quality sanitary pads as it reduces production time and cost and increases efficiency.
If you want to start up your sanitary napkin business, then you need to consider these points:
- Choose a good location for your business. Be careful when selecting an appropriate location, and ensure you have the government’s authorization. Choosing the best site for your sanitary napkin manufacturing unit is vital because you need a place that’s both close to your target market and where labor costs are low.
- Have a good knowledge of the market. Determining your target market is also critical. There are many different types of people who use sanitary napkins, but some are more likely than others to buy them. The location must be well-connected to your target market for ease of logistics.
- Have a good knowledge of the product. You need to have a good understanding of the product. The material used in making sanitary napkins is comfortable and safe for use, as they protect against infections and diseases caused by bacteria or viruses on your skin.
- Have a good knowledge of the technology. It would be best to choose which technologies are best suited for your needs by looking at what types of products already exist in the market.
- Have a good knowledge of the raw materials. Raw materials of sanitary napkins should always be readily available in your location, and you can divide your area based on operation segments such as production, packaging, and storage.
What Are the Raw Materials Needed for sanitary napkins?
Raw materials are critical since they influence the whole manufacturing process; therefore, you must choose suitable materials to manufacture sanitary napkins. Getting in touch with applicable suppliers will help you collect high-quality supplies at wholesale rates or cheaper. If you’re buying in bulk, you can negotiate and get discounts from them. The critical raw materials you need for your business are:
- Polypropylene back sheet
- Cellulose pulp
- Special absorbent polymer
- Non-woven fabrics
- Hot melt seal
- Hot melt positioning seals
Production is the lifeblood of a company. Therefore, you need to select suitable materials according to your budget so it doesn’t negatively impact the production process. For example, your production output should be based on the demand for sanitary pads in the market.
What are Other pieces of equipment you need besides raw materials :
- Packaging units. Packaging units are used for sanitary packaging of napkins for storage and shipping. They can come in different sizes and shapes, depending on the type of packaging needed.
- Sealing machines. Sealing machines help ensure sanitary napkins are appropriately packed before being shipped or stored. They also help prevent leakage during shipment or storage.
- UV-treated sterilizer. UV-treated sterilizers help keep sanitary napkins sterile throughout life by killing germs that could cause infection.
- Gumming machines. Gumming machines help ensure that your sanitary napkins have enough glue for good adhesion to your underwear when you wear them at night.
- A mixer with a pulverizer. Breaks down materials into tiny pieces. This is useful for grinding up ingredients, but it also prevents clumping when mixing and helps prevent dust from getting into your product.
Sanitary napkin manufacturing is a good business as they fulfill women’s needs. Women need sanitary napkins to manage their periods, and these products are essential for menstruating women. They can also be used after childbirth when many women experience heavy bleeding and pain in their abdomens caused by the delivery trauma.
DNW has a range of disposable hygiene product production lines that can turn your vision into reality. For example, our sanitary napkin machines are equipped with state-of-the-art technology at affordable prices. We also provide 24/7 customer service to ensure you receive the best possible service.